The Three-Day Novel Contest starts a week from today. All I have so far is a character–a character, to be specific, who is a huge ABBA fan. She lives in an apartment with a roommate, which tells me that she probably lives in a college town or a large city. She is probably young. Other than that I have absolutely nothing.
In order to find out more, I decided to read about ABBA while listening to their music. She’s an ABBA fan for a reason, right? I’ve had ABBA on for most of the evening and still haven’t gotten anywhere, but I learned a lot about ABBA and other things. First, I learned that I never listened to the lyrics very carefully, and because of this I never learned what a super trouper was until tonight. (It’s a brand of those of those huge spotlights.)
On to trivia!
* Björn and Benny were behind the musical Kristina från Duvemåla.
* ABBA was the only group to experience an internationally acclaimed career following their Eurovision win. (One could add Celine Dion, but she didn’t come to the scene for awhile after her win. Also, why was she representing Switzerland?)
* The four members went by Björn & Benny, Agnetha & Anni-Frid before changing to ABBA.
* The four members were two married couples: Anni-Frid and Björn, Benny and Agnetha. Both couples eventually divorced.
* Björn and Benny have aged very gracefully. Okay, this isn’t trivia, but I state it as such.